|Course Fee: $325
Laser IPL Physics and Safety Objectives
Learning the fundamentals of working with medical and aesthetic lasers results in you knowing Core of Knowledge (COK) basics. This COK becomes the building block on which most all accredited skills depend. Our Laser IPL Physics and Safety
course covers these Laser IPL Physics and Safety Objectives
- Learn and understand the distinctive features of optical radiation, light wave patterns, key technical terms and the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Understand how lasers and intense light sources (e.g. IPL) work.
- Learn the principal features of working safely in the laser/IPL Controlled Area.
- Understand the principal laser/IPL-related adverse effects.
- Learn and understand the main safety features of lasers/IPLs, why equipment management and personal safety equipment is important.
- Explain what happens to the eye, skin and other body tissue when exposed to IPL/laser.
- Learn the suitable wavelengths and tissue targets for aesthetic lasers and light (chromophores, penetration depth, etc.).
- Survey common laser and intense light source treatments.
- Understand the registration requirements for lasers and IPL devices under the FDA/ CDRH.
- Learn and understand emergency action, accident procedure and reporting mechanisms.
- Learn the state regulations that may apply to facilities providing cosmetic technology services.
Successful completion of the Laser IPL Physics and Safety module ensures your Core of Knowledge includes all these laser IPL physics and safety objectives.