|Course Fee: $250
Laser and Light Based Hair Reduction Objectives
Light Based Hair Reduction (LBHR) and removal is one of the most common services offered by the aesthetic laser industry. Becoming accredited in the process will be a valuable addition to your skill set. Laser and light based hair reduction objectives
- Understand the anatomy and functionality of the hair follicle and layers of the skin.
- Identify the possible effects of hormone related conditions on the skin and hair.
- Learn the laser and IPL energy impact on a variety of skin and hair types.
- Understand effects on the skin using Laser and IPL for hair reduction.
- Recognize contra-indications and when treatment with lasers or IPLs is not recommended.
- Understanding Medication / Drugs Interaction in Laser and IPL Based Therapy.
- Learn the preparation of the treatment area for safe laser or IPL hair reduction treatments.
- Learn how to prepare for and perform a client consultation to identify treatment objectives.
- Explain the use of skin cooling including pre-, post- and parallel cooling.
- Understand the safe operation of laser and IPL hair reduction devices.
- Recognize the importance of maintaining client treatment records.
A learner must first have completed the Laser/IPL Physics and Safety - Core of Knowledge
Course or successfully pass a competency examination. The process of qualifying for LBHR accreditation begins with a competency examination.
A $100 fee will be collected to start the examination. The student needs to score 80% or higher in order for the $100 fee to be credited towards the purchase of the Laser and Light Based Hair Reduction
course. Failure to pass this competency examination will require the learner to buy and pass the first module
successfully before proceeding to the hair reduction module.
Successful completion of the Laser and Light Based Hair Reduction course will ensure that you have learned all the laser and light based hair reduction objectives.